Welcome to the Pinawa Trail
Continue along the trail to the rock Diversion Dam at the start of the Pinawa Channel. Observe the rock pile created while enlarging the channel in 1903 to 1906 to increase water flow to the Pinawa Dam.
Carry on along the north bank of the channel to the suspension bridge and rest at the pavilion. Proceed north along the Alice Chambers Trail, which at one time was the Winnipeg Electric Streetcar Company Road.
The tread descends to follow the west bank of the Pinawa Channel marsh to the rapids at the marsh outlet and ascends to the old buggy road. It connects to the west dyke of the Pinawa Dam. Soon the remains of the first year round operating hydroelectric generating station in Manitoba comes into view. It ran from 1906 to 1951 and is now the Pinawa Dam Provincial Heritage Park.
Restaurants and hotel accommodations are located in Pinawa.
For more information call: 1-800-806-0412